how to use nami
Nail polish is a lot of things. It's bold, it's beautiful, and it can be a little intimidating for the uninitiated. But nami's water-based nail polishes are different. They're easy to apply and perfect for beginners who want to do their own nails in the comfort of their homes. Here's how:
- Remove old nail polish from your nails.
- Prep them by removing any leftover nail polish or wiping them with an alcohol/vinegar swab to remove oils.
- File and buff, bestie!
- Apply the nail polish down the center of the nail.
- Work your way down the sides of the nail, making sure to cap the free edge.
- Lastly, let your nails dry naturally. For nami, that's a total of just 60 seconds! 😉
how to remove nami nail polish
Your nails have been looking great, but you're ready to take off that water-based nail polish to either give your nails a rest or try out our other nail polish colors. In that case, here are the best ways to do so:
remove by peeling it off
remove by soaking
use a water-based nail polish remover
One of the best things about our nail polish is that you can easily peel it off your nails! It's just like any sticker that you peel off the back of your notebook.
Don't worry! It wouldn't damage your nail plate or remove the natural layer off your nails.
If you're not ready to peel off your nail polish, you can also remove it by soaking your fingers and toes in warm water for 5 minutes.
You could also remove your polish while taking a warm bath or shower!
If you're in a hurry and would rather use a remover, we highly recommend using our water-based nail polish remover.
Unlike typical nail polish removers that are harsh on your nails and skin, our water-based, toxin-free nail polish remover is made with a gentle formula that nourishes and protects your nails! Check it out here.
tips for chip-resistant nails
You're probably here because you've been having trouble with your nails. You may be looking for ways to make them stronger, or you might just want to have a go-to nail polish that won't chip easily. Well, we've got something for everyone. ❤️
here are some tips for getting the most out of your nami nail polish:
- If your nails are oily, we highly recommend that you wipe them with an alcohol/vinegar swab.
- Clean up your cuticles. Dip a thin cleansing brush (or a pointed cotton swab) in a water-based nail polish remover and carefully skim along the outer edge of the nail to remove any excess polish. This helps make the paint job more precise and your manicure last longer.
- It's also better to file and buff your nails after clipping and shaping them to seal the keratin layers that may have split during clipping.
- Try using a top coat —it can really help make your nail polish even more durable.
- Don't use too much product at once! It's easy to get carried away with how much you put on, but remember that it needs to dry properly before moving on to the next step.
- If you want to make your colors last longer, try applying them in thin layers rather than one big blob. This will allow each layer to dry before being topped off again by another layer of color or top coat.
- Once you've let your polish fully set, you'll want to avoid soaking your fingertips and toes in the water for at least 2 hours.